Hi David,

What OS X are you running?

To transfer Address Book data across.
/Home/Library/Application Support/AddressBook (copy the whole folder)

If you have any Address Book Plugins
/Home/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins (copy the whole folder)

Place the folders in the same location in your Wife's Home Account.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.4 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)