Hi Peter, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "to write to/on a
PDF". You can make pretty well any file into a PDF version by going to
Print and then choosing PDF in the bottom left corner. You can write
on an existing PDF file by opening it with Preview, choosing Annotate
in the top menu, and then using the Annotate Tools which appear in the
menu at the bottom. Maybe you want something more complicated than
this?

Cheers, David Noel
2012 Jun 27