Hi Alastair,

To paste and match the style you have in the Pages document, use the keyboard
command that’s built into Pages... Command-Option-Shift-V.

What that does is paste into the current style, whatever it might be set at in
Pages.
Copy the text from the PDF, switch to Pages, and then hold down the
Command-Option-Shift keys and hit the “V”.
All the text will be in the font, style and size you have set in Pages.

Sent from Ronni's iPad