Stephanie

> Thanks for the suggestion of doc vs docx.

If you all have the versions of Word that can handle .docx, then you may as
well use that.

For a large complex document, there may be some technical benefit in the more
modern version - I don't know.  Getting agreement over versions, and styles
prior to the collaboration commencing will be important I'm guessing. But as
you're old hands at this, I'm sure you've overcome those obstacles. :-)

My documents are generally less than 200 pages, single 'chapters' and I've not
noticed any advantage of .docx over .doc or disadvantage of .doc over .docx

Tim