Hi Ronni, thanks for the reply.

I thought I would answer the two questions before I follow all the
instructions, even though it  probably makes sense to do what you suggest
anyway, but being cautious I will wait.

> 1. Both these iPhoto Library's on your iMac (Lion - iPhoto 9.3.2) failed to
> Upgrade in iPhoto and therefore won't open in iPhoto? - Yes.

> 2.Both these iPhoto Library's on your MBP (Lion - iPhoto 9.3.2) have upgraded
> in iPhoto and therefore open correctly in iPhoto? - No.
The MPB has one entirely separate library. I only mentioned it as a point of
reference to show that I had followed your instructions carefully, completely
and successfully two days earlier and iPhoto worked. Then I did the exact same
two days later and iPhoto failed.  The only time anything from the MBP library
has been in contact with either of the iMac Libraries, was an import of one
event to the "Matt" library.

I have trashed the "Test iPhoto Library".

The App store issue fixed itself when 10.8 installed itself, as I expected it
to do, that is how I was able to run the Software Updates after the
installation.

Do you want me to still carry on with the same instructions?

Take care.

Matt