I'm using OS 10.7.4 and Mail.

Saving attachments to emails I receive and which I open in Preview frustrates
me - If I select "Save As", nothing seems to happen. But if I select "Export",
I can then select the folder that I want to save the document in.

What mindset ) (or way of thinking) would think that "export" means "Save to
the folder of your choice on your own computer"? There is no logical connection
that I can think of between saving and sending off somewhere by way of
international trade (which is what "export" means to me).

Has Apple started to hire Microsoft programmers to work on Mail?

Regards,

Michael Hawkins.