Good afternoon all,

My grand daughter has managed to lock her iPod screen and does not know the
password.  A search of the net suggests the following should fix the problem
but I can't get it to work.

 Solution to reset screenlock without a format :)

Hi, After a few minutes of looking through my iPod i have discovered a way to
reset the screen lock. Below is some instructions, Please note that you must
enable disk mode on the iPod, Enabling it after the screen lock as been enabled
will still work.

1. Plug in your ipod to your dock/cable?
2. Open up the terminal?
3. type: cd /Volumes/NameOfYouriPod? (in this case it is "Michele lucerne's
iPod")
4. type: rm iPod_Control/iPodPrefs
5. type: rm -rf iPod_Control/Devices
6. Hold the menu button and centre button so it restarts while its connected to
your mac then remove the cable/dock while its restarting.

Your screenlock should now be reset. It works everytime for me.

I have pasted the following into Terminal and pressed Return but nothing happens

cd /Volumes/Michele lucerne's iPod
rm iPod_Control/iPodPrefs
rm -rf iPod_Control/Devices

Any suggestions would be appreciated.