I should add, my iPhone is synchronized to my (Win7) laptop and my wife's iPad
is synchronized to her MacBook.

I am having trouble with Home Share between the Win7 machine and others in the
network as a side issue necessitating my original question. I would just drag
it over if home share weren't the issue it currently is for me.

Pete.