Hi Severin,

In Safari 6 if your Control-Click (Right-Click) on an image of a PDF you should
then see a window with numerous options.
Open Link in New Window
Open Link in New Tab
Download Linked File
Download Linked File As
Add Link to Reading List
Save Image to "Downloads"
Save Image As

and many more options... Are you not seeing this dialogue window when you
'hold' a right-click?
I can send you a screenshot "Offlist" of a Control-Click on an image of one of
my PDFs on my website, if you don't understand what I am seeing in Safari.
Or is it only happening on certain web pages? If so check if it is happening on
my page that I have taken the screen shot from.
<http://ronnibrown.net/how-to/repair-disk-permissions/index.html>