Hi Severin,

You do have more than ONE signature assigned to the specific Mail Account in
the left column?

You must have more than one signature assigned for that email account.
If you only have one selected for the email account and you select another, the
default wont be deleted, you will see two signatures in the email.

If you have more than one signature for that specific email account, you can
change the default signature that appears in the new message or reply, by
selecting Signature: and select another signature in the drop down window.

Then the default signature will disappear and the signature you have just
selected will stay in the message.

Sent from Ronni's iPad