I want to remove the Google Earth Web Plug-in from Safari.  Apple Support doc
PH11931 (and Google help documentation) show the plug-in location as
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/  (or alternatively in ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
).   The Google plug-in does not appear in /Library/.  The  ~/Library/  folder
does not exist (or is hidden).  Any suggestions?

Reason for removal is first attempt to fix Safari quitting unexpectedly.   This
occurs irregularly and possibly started when Mountain Lion was installed over
Snow Leopard.

I get Console log messages regularly each hour similar to this:
kernel: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=4608[GoogleSoftwareUp]
clearing CS_VALID

I have Safari 6.0.2 installed, with OS X 10.8.2.

Regards, Alan

Alan Smith
  Late 2009 iMac 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz 12G RAM - OSX 10.8.2