I feel your pain and frustration Vladimir.

Bigpond are saying that firmware can only be upgraded using a Windows PC, as
firmware upgrades are all ".exe" files and thus cannot be upgraded from Mac,
Linux, BSD or Unix computers, unless you run Windows in a virtual machine or
similar environment.

So you need Windows installed in Parallels Desktop or Boot Camp or similar on
your Mac to upgrade the firmware.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4