On 02/12/2012, at 6:41 AM, Peter Crisp <petercr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:

>> I have downloaded the new iTunes 11 the day of its release and am pretty
>> happy with its new look and feel. I’ve almost figured out the equivalent
>> processes for some of the old steps and even noted some of the new features
>> of which I am to get some value from yet. That will come in due course I am
>> sure.
>>
>> I am having an issue with it auto launching when I dock my iPhone to the
>> computer (Win7). I wait for it to open iTunes then I get an error stating
>> “iTunes isn’t working, Windows trying to find a solution” then it closes
>> iTunes down. If I undock the iPhone and then manually open iTunes it opens
>> fine, then docking the iPhone, it recognises and synch’s fine too. I suspect
>> this issue is unique to Win7 installations, but curious if it has happened
>> to others.
>> Regards
>
> Pete.

Hi Peter,

Try this: Disconnect from the Internet... make sure you are not connected to
the internet.
Then open iTunes
Sync your iPhone & then Eject it
Then enable the Internet again (with iTunes still open)
Stay connected to the Internet and quit iTunes
Then re-open iTunes
If it works ok connected to the internet, quit iTunes, connect your iPhone and
see if you receive the error message.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)