Hi, Daniel,

It's been a rather strange experience. I unplugged the router for a few
minutes, then plugged back in. Waited a while, renewed the lease on the iPad
then started going through apps that connect to the internet. No go. But then,
a few of them seemed to work, slightly. ABC news had a few current news stories
and lots of blank spaces. (OzTV and Safari still didn't work.). By the time I
had tried a few more, which worked partially, and then tried OzTV again - it
worked! It all seems good again.

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Pat

On 07/12/2012, at 6:47 PM, Daniel Kerr <wa...@macwizardry.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Pat
>
> Have you tried powering down the modem itself?
> Sometimes the DNS settings won't refresh from the modem itself.
> What you need to do is power down any device that you have for the internet
> (e.g. modem, Apple wireless gear etc). Turn it all off for about 30seconds or
> so. Then turn it on again.
> If you just have a wireless modem, thats all you need to turn off.
> After it's powered back on again, then restart the iPad and it should join it
> (all going well.
>
> See how you go with that.
>
> Kind regards
> Daniel
> ---
> Daniel Kerr
> MacWizardry
>
> Phone: 0414 795 960
> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>

> **For everything Apple**
>
> On 07/12/2012, at 6:44 PM, Pat <clamsh...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Ronni, I appreciate the suggestions.
>>
>> I went through the three steps twice. The second time, I turned the iPad
>> off, then rebooted, but the problem persists.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Pat
>>
>> On 07/12/2012, at 10:55 AM, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Pat,
>>>
>>> Is your Network showing in Settings .> Wi-Fi ?
>>> If so Renew your IP address using the following steps:
>>>
>>> 1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi
>>> 2. Locate the Wi-Fi network you are currently using and tap (>)