Hi Juliet.

My iPad 2 gets its music from my iMac whenever I sync with iTunes. You can
choose the whole library or just those songs ticked. This sync is automatic.
You can also sync manually.

The music has to be in iTunes, though.

I also have ticked the box to covert those songs above 128kbs to be 128kbs ACC
to save space. I can't hear any difference.

I don't know of any other way of getting music across.

The sync also takes across, podcast, TV shows and movies if I choose.

Hope this helps.

Pete Smith

iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM