Hi Ronni, Thanks very much that worked.

Matt

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:20:48 +0800
From: Matt Falvey <mmfal...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: Adobe Flash Player is out of date
To: Wamug List <wamug@wamug.org.au>

Hi, Ronni I tried to install the latest version 11.5.502.149 of Flash Player,
downloaded it, opened it, authorised it and when the installed went to retrieve
it it failed.  I did exactly the same thing on my MBP and it worked without a
problem.

I checked Systems Preferences - Flash Player and altered it from Never check
for updates to Allow Adobe to install updates and tried again, no luck.

I checked Systems Preferences - Security and altered it from Mac App Store and
identified developers to Anywhere, no luck.

I checked Little Snitch and Adobe Flash Player is not on it and any Adobe
product I have blocked, (because they keep checking for updates even though I
tell them not to), is exactly the same as on the MBP which worked perfectly. I
then created a rule to allow Adobe Flash Player.

Still the install fails at the retrieval. Oh, I tried to download it via Google
chrome and after half an hour it still hadn't download the file.

Matt.