Good afternoon,

I'm using Mail.app 6.2 with Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Several times a day, a Spam email slips through the Mail.app filter and appears
in my inbox. I have generally been deleting them, but recently taken to using
the 'thumbs down' which marks them as spam. I understand this helps Mail.app
learn what I think is spam, as well as its own filters.

Today I had a spam email appearing to come from
<stgeorgeautomotivefina...@stgeorge.com.au>.
I tagged is as spam, but it got me wondering how clever the spam filtering is.

My query is that given I bank with StGeorge.com.au, and get legitimate emails
from them that I WANT and NEED to see, does flagging spam email such as this
one increase the change that legitimate emails from StGeorge will be captured
and sent to the spam trap?

Any thoughts?

Tim