On 07/03/2013, at 4:14 PM, Malcolm McCallum <doc...@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> I am getting all twitchy now, :-( I presume with the Java update 2013-002 10
> I can Turn Java on Now. My printer/scanner needs it for something . GKW
> (GURUS KNOW WHY.!
> Malcolm McCallum

Unfortunately Java is used so pervasively by many third party solutions that it
is difficult to live without it completely. The main danger is having it turned
on in your Web Browser, since this provides the vectors for the nasties to come
in from outside. Simply using it locally for a printer driver should be be
safe.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948