Hi, Ronni,

Thank you so much. Removing the two plug-ins fixed the Safari problem.  It was
a bit odd about Firefox: I hardly ever use it and there was an even older
version on my machine, so I had it check for an update and install it - that
turned out to be version 12.0! It never occurred to me that 12.0 was an old
version too. But all is remedied now.

Cheers and best wishes,
Pat