Thanks for both those two suggestions, Ronni.  I had already figured that out
as a workaround.  But why?   Surely with a long upload, apart from anything
else there are disk reads, so why does it still sleep.
Cheers
Severin
On 07/07/2013, at 5:59 PM, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Also DON'T have "put hard disks to sleep when possible" selected.
>
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>
> On 07/07/2013, at 5:57 PM, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Severin,
>>
>> Change your setting in System Preferences > Energy Saver - Computer Sleep -
>> to 'Never'.
>> Change it back to what setting you wish after uploading.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ronni
>>
>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>>
>> On 07/07/2013, at 5:36 PM, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Annoyingly my iMac (OSX 10.8.4) goes to sleep during a long unattended
>>> upload and pauses the upload.  I can not understand this.
>>> Severin Crisp
>> Settings & Unsubscribe -

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au