Hi Jennifer,

You must keep an eye on the update installation. I never leave a computer when
it is updating.

You are asked to Restart your Mac near the end of the installation so it can
complete the installation process.

Run the combo update again and make sure it completes, then follow the steps I
outlined to do after installation completes and the computer restarts into OS X
10.8.5

Sent from Ronni's iPad4