Hi Walter,

Hmmm, well I am not sure now ;-)
I just checked Apple's website for what iOS 7 Features are available on all
devices... and they do mention this:

2. Square and video formats and swipe to capture are available on iPhone 4 or
later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th
generation).

But if they are working on your wife's iPad 2 perhaps it has been changed in
the 7.0.2 update?

<http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/>

Sent from Ronni's iPad4

> On 29 Sep 2013, at 11:38 am, "F.W. Hänel" <whae...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
> Thanks Ronni,
>
> That confirms what I thought, but I wasn't sure.
>
> Thanks again for your reply,
>
> Cheers,
> Walter
>

>> Hi Walter,
>>
>> I think the Macworld article you are referring to was the one written in
>> June 2013 before the final release of iOS 7. They would have only been
>> testing a Beta version of iOS 7!
>>
>> As far as I am aware there is no problem shooting square still photos &
>> video on iPad 2.
>>
>> Yes your wife's iPad A1396 is an iPad 2.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ronni
>>
>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>>
>>> On 29 Sep 2013, at 10:53 am, "F.W. Hänel" <whae...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> Good morning all,
>>>
>>> I read in AUS MacWorld regarding iOS 7:
>>>
>>> "You can't shoot square still photos or video on the iPad 2"
>>>
>>> My wife's iPad is an A1396 and it has now been upgraded to iOS 7.0.2
>>> I think it's  an iPad 2 ?
>>> However, the video + square still photo functions are working.
>>> Is the MacWorld info incorrect ?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Walter