On 24/10/2013, at 7:54 AM, Michael Hawkins <michael.hawk...@mjhawkins.com.au>
wrote:

> Alas, I celebrated too soon after updating to iOS 7.0.3. My iPhone turned off
> once, only once, since that update. It has reverted to spinning do-da then
> Apple symbol and starting up each and every time I try to turn it off ( am
> about to Board 2nd flight for today). Battery is consumed at a galloping
> rate. Is there a cure? Most common advice on Internet is take it back and get
> another.

Seeing as you can't use it anyway, try connecting it your computer and doing a
factory reset. If it settles down you might have some success restoring from a
recent backup.

If it's still misbehaving following the reset, then yes, I'd suggest taking it
to an Apple Store.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948