Hi Jennifer,

You don't need to update -The instructions for creating the ringtone in iTunes
is still the same.
As I mentioned in my Offlist email to you this morning, that after you have
created your australian-magpie" ringtone & then add it into iTunes, the
ringtone will then be found in Tones under Library in iTunes (if using iTunes
11.1.3 - under Ringtones in previous iTunes)."

Sent from Ronni's iPad

> On 15 Dec 2013, at 12:30 pm, Jennifer Lefroy <lefroy.jenni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Good morning,
> I have downloaded the magpie call to iTunes.  Ronni has sent me meticulous
> instructions on a PDF which I had failed to note beforehand was updated for
> IOS7.  I   have an iPhone 4 not updated to IOS 7.  Looking at the PDF, I
> wonder if now is the time to take the plunge and update  ( but I gather
> looking at some of the forums that there are contraindications)  or do I
> pester Ronni yet again?
>
> Regards,
> Jennifer
>
> Regards,
> Jennifer
>

>> On 15 December 2013 10:24, Jennifer Lefroy <lefroy.jenni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good Morning, I am sorry about the delay, but as I explained I was engrossed
>> in the last days of my UK family's visit, now sadly over.  I have now
>> followed your instructions, Ronni, and have the magpie in my iTunes music
>> thank you.  I will now contact you off list about the PDF.
>>  Best wishes,
>> Jennifer

>>> Hi Jennifer,
>>>
>>> It is not complicated, and my instructions in the PDF are very easy to
>>> follow.
>>>
>>> I downloaded an Australian Magpie sound file from the link below and have
>>> included instructions below how to download a sound file.
>>> So you can do a 'test run' ;-)
>>>
>>> Click on this link:
>>>
>>> <http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/birds/featured/Top-40-Bird-Songs>
>>>
>>> 1. Select No.11 'Australian Magpie' - click on ‘Sound file’ (219kb MP3) to
>>> listen to the track.
>>> 2. Then to download the MP3.
>>> 2. Control-Click on the sound bar then select ‘Download Video’ (I am not
>>> allowed to send the screenshot I annotated to the list, can send it to you
>>> offlist if you wish)
>>> 4. Once it has downloaded -Drag the “gymnorhina-tibicen.mp3” out of
>>> Downloads to your Desktop
>>> 5. Rename the file to “australian-magpie.mp3” (without the quotes)
>>> 6. Drag & drop the australian-magpie.mp3 file onto the iTunes icon in your
>>> Dock
>>> 7. iTunes will open and the australian-magpie.mp3 will show in ‘Music’
>>>
>>> Then to create an australian-magpie ringtone -  Locate the song in iTunes -
>>> Music, then follow the instructions in my Tutorial to create your ringtone.
>>>
>>> Post back if you want me to send you "offlist" the annotated screenshot and
>>> 'How To Create A Custom Ringtone (Updated for iOS 7)' PDF.
>>>
>>> If, after you give it a try... you still feel that this exercise is too
>>> daunting for you.  If you download a sound file you would like to use as a
>>> ringtone, you can send it to me "Offlist" and I will create the ringtone
>>> for you.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni