Many thanks, Ronni, I thought it would be something like that.  I am surprised
that the DIVX plugin takes precedence over the QT one, how could Apple let that
happen.  No doubt a fix in the future.
Best wishes as always.
Severin

On 20 Feb 2014, at 7:36 pm, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Severin,
>
> In Safari 7 under the Safari Help menu choose "installed Plug-Ins"
> You must have some DivX Plug-ins installed.
>
> If so:
> 1. Quit Safari
> 2. Remove the DivX plugins from
>     HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder.
> 3. Open Safari and see if the problem is solved.
>
> If you install the DivX Web Player (divx.com), - from the file "DivX Web
> Player.plugin" takes precedence over QuickTime Plug-in in 7.7.3 when playing
> .mov files in Safari 7.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>

> On 20 Feb 2014, at 5:31 pm, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Safari has started to use the DIVX plugin rather than the QT one for playing
>> QT.mov files.  I can not see how to avoid this other than removing the DIVX
>> plugin from the Internet plugins folder in Library.
>> What has happened?  What do I do?
>> Severin Crisp

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au