Hi Pat

I have a similar problem with my Dock.

I have a MBAir with a connected screen.

I prefer to have the dock at the bottom of the screen.  Intermittently, the
dock disappears.  I can get it back - I go to System Prefs, choose to switch
the dock from bottom to either side and then back to bottom.  Voila!  It works.

Yes, it works, but it’s tedious.  I’ve hunted around but I can’t find anywhere
to “pin” it.

David