Hi Ronni
My problem started after I had downloaded Maverick and the computer had
restarted, Mavericks was finishing it’s installation with 1 minute to go when a
window came up telling me that the version of “Flip4Mac” was not compatible
with the new version of OSX. The window had two boxes, one saying ‘Back’ the
other said ‘Continue’, when I clicked on ‘Continue’ all I heard was the beep to
tell me that I couldn’t do anything. I left the computer for an hour just in
case it was still “doing” something. The screen had frozen. I have since
resolved the problem and am now back to normal, Maverick is operating properly
at present.
I will have to upgrade iPhoto, at present I have been running iPhoto app” 9.2.

Now to clean up my desktop, thanks to you, Peter & Neil.

Thank you so much for your latest advice Ronni, I will read your 6 page
tutorial now to ensure that I have done everything correctly.

Kindest regards

Tony

BODDINGTON.