I just watched the Yosemite presentation.
I don’t want to seem negative but what ACTUAL changes are there ?
Looks to me like someone spent a lot of time making OSX prettier !
Guess I should be more patient - the proof is on the pudding eh ?

On 3 Jun 2014, at 6:14 am, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks Daniel,
> Yes, some 'interesting' developments ;-)) iDisk brought back (& improved) as
> iCloud Drive?
> WWDC Keynote Wrap. <http://www.mactalk.com.au/content/wwdc-wrap-3447/>
>
> Yosemite... Yosemite means literally “those who kill”.
> Quite a lot to study and absorb over the next few days.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>

> On 3 Jun 2014, at 3:54 am, Daniel Kerr <wa...@macwizardry.com.au> wrote:
>
>> For those interested,…a brief rundown of the WWDC keynote which just
>> finished shortly,…
>> It's worth watching the full keynote video as parts of it were quite funny
>> :)) And you get to see the cool features in more detail, probably better
>> then I'll explain here,….lol (and no doubt I'll miss some,….lol)
>>
>> OSX 10.10 - Yosemite
>> http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/02/apple-announces-os-x-yosemite/
>> http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/02/icloud-drive-mail-drop-os-x-yosemite/
>> Redesigned interface - a lot "flatter", more integration with iOS. New
>> iCloud Drive, make and receive phone and calls text through an iPhone (very
>> cool and easy) and very easy Personal Hotspot (super cool).
>> Continuity is the biggest new feature of OS X Yosemite, improving the
>> connection between Macs and iOS devices.
>> Improved Airdrop and a new feature called Handoff. (passes information from
>> iPhone to iPad to Mac and back again). Starting writing an email on your
>> iPhone, get close to computer,..carry it on. And vice versa. Same with text
>> etc. Pages documents.
>> Redesigned icons and interface. Mail improved. Spotlight improved.
>> iCloud Drive - a bit like Dropbox with "folders" for similar apps. Some
>> third party things look like they can use it as well.
>> Improvements to Safari. (behind the scenes as well as features).
>>
>> iOS 8
>> http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/02/apple-announces-ios-8/
>> New features, Quicktype, Mail Improvements, Health.
>> Much faster notifications and more can be added. Easier to reply to things.
>> Improvements to keyboards and more predictive typing suggestions. QuickType
>> learns users habits. Access to third party keyboards.
>> Improvements to Messages. Group conversation changes per "thread". Record
>> and send audio and video messages direct into the app and send. Lift to
>> listen, lift to record and send. (really cool).
>> Healthkit added,…and the new App to "tie it all together" called Health.
>> Siri updates. Can say "Hey Siri" to start without accessing it by touch.
>> Extensibility - Apps can share information from each other via the iOS
>> "access".
>> Family Sharing. Up to six family members can now "share" photos, calendars,
>> reminders, music, apps and movies. All with the same credit card. When child
>> purchases an app, it gets sent to parent to approve the purchase before
>> going ahead.

> [...]

Regards,
Stephen Chape

Mac by choice
Windows because my employer knew no better