Another way I forgot to mention to try is:
Control-Click on the image of the PDF  - Save Linked file to Downloads

Also check you don't have AdobePDFViewer.plugin
Look for the file:
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewer.plugin
and remove it.

Ok I am out of here now, have a job I must go to.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4