Hi Stephen,

Try starting iTunes in Safe Mode.
1. Hold down Command+Option and click to open iTunes
2. Continue holding the 'Command + Option' keys until you see the iTunes Safe
Mode warning.
This will open iTunes in Safe Mode

Starting iTunes in Safe Mode allows you to be able to check things and follow
prompts that iTunes shows you. It allows iTunes to download and update iTunes
components.
Safe Mode disables any non generic plugins / add-ons etc, allowing iTunes to go
back to bare operating basics.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4