Hi Neil

Yes, I think you are correct on this Neil, thanks very much.

I checked through the heirachy of folders with some showing cb(me) having
read and write, and others showing 'Nobody' with read write access!!! Why
on earth would this happen?

I unlocked the main folder while in Get Info  with cb(me) as the owner then
clicked the pull down on the bottom to say 'apply to enclosed item' and
this seemed to do the trick! I can now also just drag and drop from one
folder to the other without it copying the file.

I guess I should check other folders as this seem random and I have no idea
at all why or when this occurred?

Maybe it is an artefact of the migration process I did in July from my
MBPro? Could it be a virus or trojan or something else  nasty?

Many thanks and best regards

Chris