Peter

On 19/10/2014, at 7:31 AM, Peter Faulks wrote:

> I have written a book in word and excel in a web page, to be put on CD and
> need to create those install windows where you drag the icon to the
> Applications to install the files.
>
> I need to do this so the CD can be used on a Mac or PC any suggestions of a
> suitable program that will launch a web based book from a CD for Windows or
> Mac?
>
> I was going to print the book but it is 300 pages long and my printer packed
> up so I now have a new Epson printer but have   3 sets of HP Printer  print
> cartridges  (HP02, HP94 and HP95) surplus to requirements.

I am not sure what you mean by "in word and excel in a web page", but no one
else has answered so I wonder if you have considered saving your book as a PDF.
This would make it generally available on Macs and PCs.

Alternatively, just provide instructions to open the initial file in a web
browser. It used to be possible to get this to happen automatically on a PC
when the Cd was inserted, with an AUTORUN.INF file (plus a couple of other
small files) but I do not know whether this still works with more recent
versions of Windows. I do not think that this was ever possible on a Mac,
because Apple took the security implications more seriously.

Regards

Geoff