Hi Severin,

Dropbox handles updating all by itself.

When you install Dropbox, a folder appears in your top level, unsurprisingly
called Dropbox. Everything in there sync’s with your cloud Dropbox whenever it
is updated. Essentially you have two places the data is stored - the desktop
folder and the cloud based folder, and they are kept  in sync automatically by
Dropbox.

If you are off line you can work on your documents as they are in your desktop
Dropbox folder.  When you go back online, Dropbox syncs it all again.
Likewise if you are away from your own desktop and want to access your
documents, they are all there on the cloud and any changes will be synced with
your desktop Dropbox folder automatically.

Is this what you are meaning?

Regards
Tim