Hi folks,

I have just noticed that something called CIJScannerRegister tries every few
seconds to send data from my iMac.
It became apparent when I re-activated Intego NetBarrier to have a bit of a
“fiddle” with it.
Poking around on Google I have discovered quite a number of users looking for
ways to stop this.
It appears to be something related to Canon Printer Drivers and is not
necessary.
In fact some users who have not used Canon for years still have it going on.
I have tried some of the methods described (except for terminal methods) to
stop this but it continues.

Does anyone know if it is worth trying to stop or is it of no consequence ?
If so how to get rid of it ?

Regards,
Stephen Chape

Mac by choice
Windows because my employer knew no better