Good morning,

Mac 10.7.5
Mac Pro 1.1
5Gb RAM 

Safari 6.1.6

In the process of trying to address some issues with Safari which caused it to 
run slow and not quit without Force Quitting, I came across the following line 
of data from Console. 
(By the way, I have set all Safari Plug Ins to Ask, and the Safari problem is 
now resolved for now. At least I will able to better identify which plug in is 
causing problems.) 


> 2/02/15 7:06:22.364 AM Firewall: Deny SohoAgent data in from 10.0.1.50:39214 
> to port 39214 proto=17

This line repeats about 2 or 3 times a second and when Console is running it is 
using 88% of the CPU - which seems very high to me. 

I've also found in the system.log another frequently recurring message 
> Feb  2 07:34:46 MacPro com.apple.launchd[1] 
> (com.addressBookServer.EnterpriseEdition[2682]): Exited with code: 126

I cannot find Address Book Server Enterprise Edition in Applications or 
Utilities, but it is possible myself or the previous computer owner has 
installed it at some stage. The developer for Address Book Server is a Perth 
guy, but his website http://www.addressbookserver.com is parked.     From I 
have read/recalled, Address Book Server is a way of sharing address book data 
across a network for machines without MobileMe. I am thinking this may be the 
app that is triggering the problem with the Firewall 'deny sohoagent'

I have found the same data in my Mac Mini 2009 running 10.10.2

The question is, how do I remove or disable something I cannot find?

Thanks

Tim








-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>