Hi Ronni,

There is only one Analog or Line-out Port on the MacPro, I do not use the
Optical Port. I have tried a different cable, a different external
amplifier, even no amplifier, all with no change.

I would like to come to MacWorx Joondalup but it is quite a trip from
Singapore! Also the MacPro is a bit heavy...

There is a Mac Repair Centre here so I will visit there as soon as my
current project is finished, probably early next week. I will keep
everybody informed.

Regards,

Paul