Dear WAMUGers,

I received an email, supposedly from Apple, that says someone has used my ID to
sign in on Face Time and iMessage on a phone that is not mine.

The page looks authentic, (and probably is), but as I filled out the form to
unblock my ID, some of the questions are: all the details of my credit card,
bank account number, bank BSB. In this day and age of increasingly
sophisticated hacking, what a bonanza for some criminal. Apple really shouldn’t
lump these questions together. I put in all my personal data, and answered the
security question. But I really baulk at supplying these important card and
bank account details in this manner.

Shame on you, Apple! You need to make it a 2-stage procedure: First get some of
the information verified - email address, date of birth, address. Then, in the
second stage, get the financial information, if you must.

What do you think;? Should I just meekly fill in the form and hope for the
best? At the very least, I would like to make Apple aware of this bad idea.

Apologies for the rant.
Pat