> On 14 Sep 2015, at 11:22 am, Bill Parker <ren...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Just installed Yosemite 10.10.5 on my Macbook Pro after reading Michael
> Hawkins’ glowing report...
>
> Did this as prescribed by Ronni.
>
> Ran Disk utility  - took about an hour +  and still is see a report as
> follows:
>
> "Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
> Warning:
> SUID file
> “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent”
>  has been modified and will not be repaired.
> Group differs on “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”; should be 80;
> group is 0.
> Permissions differ on “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”; should be
> -rw-rw-rw- ; they are -rw-r--r— .
> Repaired “Library/Printers/InstalledPrinters.plist”ACL found but not expected
> on
> “private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.stackshot.plist”Repaired“private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.stackshot.plist”User
>  differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; user is 244.
> Group differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; group is 244.
> Repaired “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”ACL found but not expected on
> “private/var/root/Library/.localized”
> Repaired “private/var/root/Library/.localized”
> Permissions repair complete
>
> There has been no speed change and spinning beach ball is still in abundance
> and everything is slower than it should be.
>
> Any help to get this right would be appreciated, especially how to fix the
> SUID ( not knowing what is is, but it sounds serious!)

Hi Bill,

The Repair Permissions listed above are NOT causing the slowness & beachball
issues.
You can ignore the Repair Permissions report - As long as you see "Permissions
repair complete” you are OK.
Please read:
Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely
ignore - Apple Support <http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203172>

What could be happening is Spotlight might be indexing your Hard Drive
therefore slowing everything down.

If it doesn’t settle down after awhile - try a couple of restarts of your Mac.
then Test if any change.
I would also suggest you run ‘Verify Disk’ in Disk Utility just to check if the
Hard Drive is OK
Open Disk Utility and click “Verify Disk” (that’s Verify Disk NOT Verify Disk
Permissions)
NOTE:
Your computer may be slow or unresponsive while the startup disk is being
verified.  The progress indicator and status messages may not be updated until
the verification process is complete.

Post back if any errors are found or if DU says The volume xxxx appears to be
OK.
If you post back, give us details of your Mac -  amount of RAM (memory)
processor speed etc.
Also how much “Available" space on the Hard Drive?

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7
2.3GHz / 16GB / 1TB 840 EVO SSD

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5