Many thanks Neil, you got it spot on!  For some crazy reason, two tracks out of
90 had “English Chamber Orchestra” instead of “Daniel Barenboim & English
Chamber Orchestra”.  Instant fix.
Jenny gets home on Sunday after a great experience(s) in Cambodia!
Best wishes
Severin

> On 24 Nov 2015, at 6:58 PM, Neil Houghton <n...@possumology.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Sev,
>
> Obviously, the first thing to check is that the Album title is shown as
> exactly the same across all tracks.
>
> Assuming that is not the cause of the problem then, going on memory, it can
> happen when the artists are slightly different – eg, say, “the xyz quartet”
> and “the xyz quartet with Joe Blow”
>
> Since iTunes tends to organise (ie in folders) by artist first, then albums –
> they show up as two (or more) separate albums with the same album title but
> different artists.
>
> There are (at least) a couple of ways round it:
> Marking all the tracks as “part of a compilation” will group all the tracks
> as one album in the “compilations” folder. This is an easy fix and is the way
> real compilation albums of different artists are dealt with.
> You could just change the artist info on the 2 errant tracks to match the
> rest exactly (album and artist info)
> If you want to keep the info that the track performers are slightly different
> but want it to show as one album by one artist (group, ensemble) - I seem to
> remember you can go into the meta data (track info) and work with the various
> artist tags:  “artist”,  “album artist”,  “sort artist”,  “sort album artist”
> to achieve that – but I don’t remember the exact details of what takes
> precedence where – but Google should help  ;o)
>

> HTH
>

> Cheers
>

> Neil
> --
> Neil R. Houghton
> Albany, Western Australia
> Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
> Email: n...@possumology.com
>

> on 24/11/15 16:01, Severin Crisp at sevcr...@westnet.com.au wrote:
>
>> I have a multi track album downloaded which should be a single multi disc
>> item.  Two consecutive tracks appear as a separate (similar) album and are
>> missing in the listing of the remainder.  iTunes correctly says that I have
>> the complete set.  How do I slot the two outliers into their correct spot to
>> make a single item?
>> Severin Crisp

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au