Thanks Ronni, I will take some time to review the content in the links there.
Ideally I want my kids down in the back (Theatre) room for their gaming so it
doesn't interrupt use of the main living room tv - so I can watch Antique
Roadshow! We have the Apple TV2 in the living room currently and to get the
gaming capable ATV4 would necessitate putting it down the back. This would then
prevent me getting the other benefits of the ATV4 as it would be down the back,
where I dont go.

Thats a logistical decision I'll have to consider, but still not sure if my
kids are heart-set on PS4 anyway. Might have to get a PS4 AND an ATV4!

Will see how we go, thanks for the leads.

Does anyone on here have direct ATV4 gaming experiences to report preferrably
someone who has PS4 experience as well?

Regards

Pete