Hi Ronni

Thanks very much for your great advice on this, I have found it quite
frustrating, as I havnt done a lot of upgrades of the past years, so it is
a steep learning curve!!

Do you think that Yosemite may be a better upgrade to my MBPro3.1 rather
than El Capitan as you say it might not run that well?

Or perhaps I should just do an upgrade to Snow Leopard and leave it at that
for my daughter

Best regards

Chris