Hi again Tim,

I won't add to Neil's reply.
I've been meaning to suggest Mac mini direct Ethernet connection to the Gateway
not to AirPort Extreme LAN port in each of my replies to you and notice I
haven't :(

You mentioned that you have the Airport Wi-Fi signal turned OFF on Mac mini so
try:

1. Connect Mac mini directly via Ethernet cable directly to a LAN port (Yellow)
on the Gateway modem (not a LAN on AirPort Extreme)

2. Reboot the Gateway and your Mac mini

Sent from Ronni's iPad4