Hello Ronni, Susan and Rob,
I will be getting one of these MacBookPro 15”. As I mentioned, $6k is expensive
but that has been the same price of the top specced models for the last 20
years when I purchased my last 3 Apple laptops, starting with a PowerBook 5300,
a MacBookPro 15”, then my current 17”. I see that as becoming ‘cheaper’,
factoring in inflation. I get 6 to 8 years out of the machines, which are used
daily at work or at home.
I will wait until the new year, when demand settles and I start back to work. I
think maxing out a machine speed is good idea and it appears that ,in some
initial reports, they may be upgradeable in the SSD storage area but not RAM,
after purchase. A few choice dongles to connect to VGA overhead projectors and
off I go. (Hope they exist!)

Brian