Hi Sue, I don’t actually use a mouse, I use a Wacom tablet and pen. It is
easier to say, “Mouse”, as it covers what the pen does when is it used as a
mouse and not for drawing.

I will switch it with another tablet and pen and see how it goes.

Thanks

Matt.

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 at 21:21: Susan Hastings <shasti...@iinet.net.au
<mailto:shasti...@iinet.net.au>> wrote:

Hi Matt, have you tried using a different mouse? Cheers, Susan

Sent from my iPad

> On 10 Nov. 2016, at 5:26 pm, Matt Falvey <mmfal...@bigpond.net.au
> <mailto:mmfal...@bigpond.net.au>> wrote:
>
> Hi I have a 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 iMac with 20GB of Ram operating OS X
> 10.10.5. Just lately it has been freezing. All the applications stop, I can?t
> command tab from one to another, I can?t command option escape to see if any
> application has crashed, the only think that works is the mouse, which moves
> around, but cannot activate anything. - Have just restarted again after
> another freeze and this time the mouse was able to move the draft of this
> email around and that was all. I could not take it off of this email and even
> when the email passed behind other open windows on both screens it was always
> being controlled by my mouse. The mouse could not control anything else. This
> time I did try Command Option Escape and the window did down, but the Force
> Quit button even though blue and appearing active did not activate and as
> mentioned previously the mouse could only control the movement of the email.
> Again I had to press the button on the back to close down the iMac and again
> to restar
t it and now it is all working again.