Hi Juliet.
I created an Album in Photos on my iMac called iPhone Stephen.
And another for my wife’s iPhone with a similar name format.
You could do the same for your iPad.

Then drag the photos you want on your iPad into the Album you have created.

Next time you plug your iPad into your Mac to sync, go to Music and check that
Album as the one to sync.
You can then change your photo options from time to time in that Mac Photos
Album.
So each time you plug in and sync your iPad it will update the photos.

> On 30 Nov. 2016, at 2:55 pm, Juliet Kitson <billand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> G'day
> Can somebody tell me how to get photos from iMac to iPad.
> Regards Juliet
> El Capitan 10.11.8
> Ipad  IOS 10.1.1

Regards,