> On 24 Jan 2017, at 4:21 pm, David Noel <lis...@aoi.com.au> wrote:
>
> I have been having a problem where my desktop suddenly expands, adding
> some centimetres of margin all round, and pushing windows to one
> margin of the expanded desktop.
>
> Mousing down to one margin of the desktop scrolls that margin into
> view. If accessing the bottom of the desktop image, menus etc at the
> top of windows may disappear. Similarly, mousing to a side edge will
> cause the contents of the opposite edge to slide out of view.
>
> The problem disappears if I restart, and can be coped with without
> restart, but I'd like to know what's happening -- I assume something
> in the System Preferences get reset. Any ideas, folks?

It sounds as though you have some apsect of Zoom turned on. Go to System
Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom, and see if any of the choices are enabled.
If so, trn them all off and see if the behaviour persists. Without access to
the computer, it’s difficult think what else might be going on.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948