My Epson Stylus Photo 2100 has given up and I would like to replace it. There
are so many possibilities it is hard to chose, if anyone can suggest a suitable
replacement I would be grateful. The Epson SureColor SC-P405 looks about
equivalent, does anyone have experience with this model?

My choice is complicated by the fact that the 2100 has been attached to my old
G4 Quicksilver on which I run Adobe CS1 in OS 10.3. This is quite adequate for
my requirements. There are of course no Printer Drivers for ancient OS so the
new Printer will not be connected to the G4. I expect it will be connected to
the Network via WiFi and all our computers will be able to access it (including
the G4 which is connected via Ethernet).

Otherwise I shall need to do something about Photoshop and my usage is not
regular enough to justify a monthly subscription. Photoshop Elements does not
do enough. I did buy a second-hand copy of CS3 to run on my MacBook Pro (OS
10.8.5) but it requires Java which I have been loth to install.

I had just purchased a new set of the 7 ink cartridges. If anyone would like
them for free I shall retrieve them from Well Connected. I had hoped it was
just the switch which was faulty so I wasted $150 on a diagnosis (mother
board). It is possible one may be available but it will cost as much as a new
printer and no warranty.

Before I abandon the repair path I would like reassurance that a WiFi connected
Network Printer will work. If any one has comments on any of this please let me
know.

Best wishes to all from Diana