Good afternoon,
I have been having problems with my internet connection dropping out since
moving house - only a few hundred metres -  two months ago.  Telstra
eventually improved matters by locating a resistance, but I am in an old
area with old copper wiring and I am quite a distance from the exchange
which Telstra says makes for difficulties.  A few days ago, I could not
connect with my router at all and so bought a new one: Netgear Nighthawk
VDSL/ADSL as I have been notified of NBN installation between April and
August.  I managed to set it up and my iPad and iPhone connected but not my
Mac desktop.  I asked my provider for help, but the technician only
succeeded in losing the connections with the iPad and iPhone.  In
frustration, I turned everything else and overnight the magic happened and
everything including my desktop was connected this morning.  However, later
in the day, I lost connection and trying to reconnect, the password was not
accepted.  I turned everything off for a few hours and I am now back
online.  I believe my provider had problems at their end for a short time
only.

Does any one have any advice or possible explanation or do I just thole the
dropping in and out till NBN arrives?

Kind regards,
Jennifer