> On 31 May 2017, at 7:19 pm, Peter Crisp <petercr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> I am a Family subscriber to Apple Music - and I think it is a great thing. I
> have quite a lengthy number of Playlists. A while back I noticed on my MBP
> iTunes where all Playlists are represented that they are structured in two
> particular groupings, names “Apple Music Playlists” and “All Playlists”. The
> All Playlists list can be filtered for ALL or MUSIC playlists. there is no
> duplication with any one playlist featuring in both groups. This grouping is
> also replicated on my two iOS devices through the iCloud Music Library
> synching.
>
> Does anyone know the rationale behind the groupings?

Hi Peter,

You can find the playlists in the sidebar of Library under ‘Apple Music
Playlists’.

By default, both your playlists and those created by Apple Music's staff to
which you've subscribed are shown.

You can click the "All Playlists" in your playlist screen and choose between
"Apple Music Playlists" and "My Playlists"
----
“Apple Music is all about streaming. You pay a flat fee to unlock access to
Apple Music’s entire catalogue, but you don’t actually own the music you listen
to.
The files don’t live individually on your devices; you’re instead just
listening to tracks stored remotely, that are owned by Apple.

You can access your entire iTunes library from within Apple Music—just tap the
My Music tab— and iTunes will still be a standalone app and media store if
you’d prefer to continue to buy music a la carte.
However, if you’ve let purchasing music fall by the wayside, you may never have
to open iTunes again if you sign up for an Apple Music subscription.”
——
“Not sure if your iCloud Music Library songs are uploaded, matched, purchased,
or DRM-laden?
Here's how to check.
Depending on whether you've subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match, your
iCloud Music Library may contain songs you've purchased from iTunes, downloaded
from the Apple Music streaming catalog, uploaded from your Mac, or matched from
your Mac to the iTunes Store catalog.
With all of these different types of music files, it's easy to get a little
confused over which songs are truly yours, and which ones may disappear if you
end your subscription. Here's a quick tip for seeing which is which.”

How to check if your Mac's songs are uploaded, matched, purchased, or Apple
Music DRM-laden?
<https://www.google.com.au/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=How+to+check+if+your+Mac's+songs+are+uploaded,+matched,+purchased,+or+Apple+Music+DRM-laden%3F&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=cAMxWfL-IerDXorIp_gF>

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS Sierra 10.12.5