Tony,
If you hover your mouse over the link DO NOT CLICK Confirm your account it will
reveal the actual link.
If it doesn't resolve to an apple.com <http://apple.com/> address delete the
email.
If it does resolve to a bonafide apple address still DO NOT CLICK on it.
Log into your iCloud account, using the full address you regularly use, and
check your status etc.

robin